Cherry Blossoms

Cherry Blossoms
Cherry Blossoms

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A new perspective

My husband and I went for a walk - and took some photos. I've been taking photos of cherry blossoms for a few years now - a few weeks at a time. My husband has only just started taking photos such photos - because this year he caught me doing it several times -- plus, he just got a new camera so he's trying it out.  I like his photos - and when we came back from our walk today, I noticed that his different perspective really gives a fresh approach to cherry blossoms.

Sometimes, in life, we need a fresh perspective. If we feel we've been caught looking at something for too long (even an artist staring at the canvas they've been trying to paint ...)  step away, consult a friend, get a cup of tea, read some of The Bible .... get a fresh perspective. Come back, look at it again, and realize what's good about it. Approach it from this new viewpoint.

I hope you enjoy the fresh perspective on the cherry blossoms in today's photos.  As he and I walked, I found a fern unfolding, so I took a photo of that too. (Surprise!)

As Mary Baker Eddy says: 
"Life and goodness are immortal. Let us then shape our views of existence into loveliness, freshness, and continuity,
rather 
than into age and blight."

[Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, p. 246]

Taking photos with my husband.  (The first 3 in this post are his, the last 2 are mine.)






No comments:

Post a Comment